Monday, August 24, 2009

Calley Apologizes For My Lai Massacre : NPR

My Lai Killer

'”There is not day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai. I feel remorse for the Vietnamese who were killed, for their families, for the American soldiers involved and their families. I am very sorry.

- William L. Calley

Calley didn't deny taking part in the slayings on March

Calley Apologizes For My Lai Massacre : NPR

The American soldier involved in the My Lai Massacre now apologizes. But the innocent villagers burned down there would they come alive.

A survivor of the killings said he welcomed Calley's public apology for his role the atrocity.

"It's a question of the past and we accept his apologies, although they come too late," Pham Thanh Cong, director of a small museum at My Lai, told AFP by telephone. (telegraph.co.uk)

What is the guarantee that Massacres like My Lai and Nanking would not repeat again?

History has no answer.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment